We will see you on the 14th with starter plants, seeds, and hand made items for donations to support our community garden projects. It is unfortunate that Tropical Storm Eta has forced us to change the date of our fundraiser. We would like to take this opportunity to share some tips to keep your plants safe during the storm.
- Mulch under your plants to prevent soil from splashing on them.
- Do not cover them with plastic – it may become too humid for the plant
- Give plants support from the wind with a trellis or stake.
- Make sure there is good airflow around your plants so they can dry quickly.
- If your plants are in containers, put them in a place safe from heavy rain and wind.
Stay safe and we will see you next week!